Sunday, October 26, 2008

retrospect

I still want to be an author...to see my name in print, either on the internet or in a common magazine. I receive (for free) over 40 publications monthly. My favorite part is to browse through the magazines and look at the author's biographies. Then I should write to them and ask how they got started and what they do on a daily basis to keep their creative juices flowing.
Let's look back to my own writing history. As a child, I started keeping a journal when I was 8. I was religious about it, writing in my journals at least 3X weekly until hitting high school At that time, I wrote more sporadically, but started thinking about writing as a career. I joined a local newspaper for high school students and started regularly contributing there.
Being the young person I was, I was easily swayed and told that journalism is not a prolific career, so I entered college with a degree in microbiology in mind. I had a goal to go to medical school.
Now, I'm a nurse, mom, and marketing guru. Somehow, I should be able to combine all these things. The next post with continue with this theme...

No comments: